Fashion Design – Working Studio
|Group:||Elementary School, High School, Middle School|
|Day/Time:||Saturday, 10:00 am - 11:00 am|
|Cost:||$20 per class when signing up for a full 6-class set; $24 per class for individual classes, or when signing up for less than a full 6-class set.|
Create your own presentation boards just like a New York Fashion studio!
Our current Fashion Design session simulates a working Fashion Design studio!!
Our instructor, Lauren Acton, has 8 years of experience in New York City’s garment district and will teach you how to design a collection – complete with fabric swatches and small croquis.
Our Fall focus is on fashion prints and images…
In the upcoming session, we will create splashy florals and paint illustrations like in fashion magazines!
There are new methods to learn when each student is ready. This session combines learning with sharpening acquired skills in a non-competitive environment.
No previous drawing experience necessary – everyone learns at their own speed!
Bring your great ideas for fashion and we will work through them in class!
(recommended for ages 8 and up)
Step 1: Submit Your Registration via our new registration system at MindBody Inc. – click on this box to open a new browser window and begin the registration process
Things you’ll need to know:
• Please be careful in choosing the correct session dates and times – there may be a lot of information to scroll through. If you choose the wrong item before purchase, you will have the opportunity to remove it from your shopping cart. If you make the purchase and get a confirmation that appears to not be for what you wanted to purchase, please contact us and we’ll sort it out.
• You can use the direct links by date at the top of this page – otherwise, the link above in orange will send you to a page where you can scroll through the remaining calendar of Fashion Design – Working Studio for the rest of this program year. That page also has a calendar search feature in the upper right-hand corner where you can focus on the date(s) of interest to you.
• Clicking on the blue “Sign Up Now” button takes you to a page where you need to log in before making a purchase. If you are an existing client of ours, but new to the MindBody Inc. registration software, you should be able to find your profile by entering your first and last name and then you will need to enter your email address in order to set up a password. There is also an option to log in using your Facebook account.
• Once logged in, you will be shown a page with your selected item for purchase. If this is the correct item, you may click on the blue “enroll” button.
(If this is not the correct item, you should be able to hit the “back” button on your browser to get back to the list of choices. If that does not work, you may navigate through the MindBody Inc. site using the tabs at the top of the page to guide you – or close that window and start again on this page. We are also available to help you during our regular business hours at 610-710-1487.)
• Once clicking the blue “enroll” button, you will be taken to the shopping cart, where again the item(s) you selected will be displayed. If an item appears that you did not wish to purchase (or appears twice), you may remove it by clicking on the gray circled “X” to the far right of the item
• Once you are satisfied that the correct items appear, you may either click on the “Continue Shopping” link to find more items for your shopping cart (such as other offerings or adding another family member’s selection to the shopping cart), or you may click on the blue “CHECK OUT” button.
NOTE: YOU MAY HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN A BIT ON THE SHOPPING CART PAGE TO SEE THE CONTINUE SHOPPING LINK AND CHECK OUT BUTTON!
• If you have any applied credit with The Center on Central, such as a gift card on file, those funds will be applied first (unless you choose otherwise in the radio button prompt). If you don’t have applied credit, this is the place where you will enter your credit card information. You have the option to store your credit card information securely on the MindBody, Inc. servers if you choose.
• Once you have completed entering your credit card information, click on the blue “PLACE ORDER” button (you may also wish to take note of our business policies at the bottom of this page). Do not navigate away from the window until your order is confirmed. You should also receive a confirmation email (you may receive 2 – one as a purchase receipt and one as a specific schedule enrollment confirmation).
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if something doesn’t seem right – we are working through this transition and appreciate your patience. We think once we all get used to the new software, it will provide you with a better registration experience!
Step 2: Tell Others!
You can help us spread the word about Fashion Design – Working Studio at The Center on Central by sharing this page on Facebook. Simply click on the “Like” button at the bottom of this page. Thank you!