Fashion Design II
Create your own presentation boards just like a New York Fashion studio – our advanced “Fashion Design II” class begins October 27, and is recommended for those who took the Fashion Design class this year or last year.
Our instructor, Lauren Acton, has 8 years of experience in New York City’s garment district and will teach you how to design a collection – complete with fabric swatches and small croquis.
No previous drawing experience necessary, because we work from a croquis (which is a small paper doll)
Bring your great ideas for fashion and we will work through them in this 5-week class!
1. Look at Fashion Illustrations and discuss why they are important. Students learn how to paint watercolor croquis fashions for advertising their collection.
2. Students learn how to make print designs and drop design repeat patterns – these are techniques needed to make real textiles
3. Incorporate these prints into our clothing design collection.
4. Students study gesture line for drawing the figure using a croquis 3-D model.
5. Discuss careers in Fashion Illustration and continue practicing what we learned about illustration.
Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Fashion Design II is now closed to registration. The next Fashion Design course will begin on December 8. Feel free to contact us to indicate interest.
Please use the form below to express interest in Fashion Design II. We will contact you with further information. Thank you.